Extracting Hydrogen and Electricity from Renewable Resources

Research output: Contribution to journalReview articlepeer-review

438 Scopus citations


Many developed countries are committed to developing a hydrogen economy, but most of the technologies for generating the alternative energy source use fossil fuels. Although hydrogen can be produced from renewable resources such as biomass, typically only 15% of the energy available can be recovered as the reactive gas. Bruce Logan of Pennsylvania State University offers a strategy for recovering much of the remaining 85%.

Original languageEnglish (US)
Pages (from-to)160A-167A
JournalEnvironmental Science and Technology
Issue number9
StatePublished - May 1 2004

All Science Journal Classification (ASJC) codes

  • General Chemistry
  • Environmental Chemistry


Dive into the research topics of 'Extracting Hydrogen and Electricity from Renewable Resources'. Together they form a unique fingerprint.

Cite this