The benefits of in-house counseling

S. J. Holoviak, S. B. Holoviak

Research output: Contribution to journalArticlepeer-review

1 Scopus citations


Employees bring various problems to work, including marital and family problems, mid-life stress, alcoholism and other forms of drug addiction, depression, and debt. Just as it is difficult to separate the problems of one's home life from work, so do the physical and emotional causes of stress at work, in turn, affect family and life patterns away from work. Experts estimate that between 10 and 20 percent of the labor force will make use of mental and other health-service counseling in any single year. About 70 percent of the problems concern behavior and social adjustment, with the remaining 30 percent in legal matters, housing, credit assistance, and related areas.

Original languageEnglish (US)
Pages (from-to)53-59
Number of pages7
Issue number4
StatePublished - Jan 1 1984

All Science Journal Classification (ASJC) codes

  • General Social Sciences


Dive into the research topics of 'The benefits of in-house counseling'. Together they form a unique fingerprint.

Cite this