The nexus between finance and manufactured exports in selected Caribbean and Central American countries

Research output: Contribution to journalArticlepeer-review

3 Scopus citations

Abstract

This study uncovers several surprising and unexpected policy insights that can help small Caribbean and Central American countries develop a strategy to diversify their export base. The results from causality tests of the nexus between financial development and manufactured exports, show that in 63% of a sample of eight countries, financial development causes manufactured exports and vice versa for the remaining 37%. These results are then used to explore in greater depth potential economy specific structural factors that explain the causality test findings in these countries.

Original languageEnglish (US)
Pages (from-to)339-359
Number of pages21
JournalInternational Journal of Trade and Global Markets
Volume7
Issue number4
DOIs
StatePublished - 2014

All Science Journal Classification (ASJC) codes

  • General Economics, Econometrics and Finance
  • Business and International Management

Fingerprint

Dive into the research topics of 'The nexus between finance and manufactured exports in selected Caribbean and Central American countries'. Together they form a unique fingerprint.

Cite this