We used the conformal-evaporated-film-by-rotation technique to deposit a conformal coating of chalcogenide glass on the external surface of a microsystem-specifically, the outermost surface of a microelectromechanical system comb resonator. We concluded that this technique could complement the multi-step, time-consuming and expensive traditional lithographic processes, resulting in a reduction of the number of steps needed for the fabrication of microsystems and nanosystems.
All Science Journal Classification (ASJC) codes
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Condensed Matter Physics
- Safety, Risk, Reliability and Quality
- Surfaces, Coatings and Films
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering